About me:
I'm Tasha! I don't actually consider myself an artist outright...only by association! Even with poetry, my first poem was a collaborative effort with Jannell! And her songs are usually my favorite poems!
My newest goal in life is to model for a coke tray! I am in complete awe now over Nicole's grandmother! And, let's see, last night in playing a game of "most likely," I won the categories: Most Likely to... get left behind at a rest area and Most Likely to... punch an alligator in the jaw. Both titles I claim with pride!
Currently, I'm a grad student and part-time (yawn...math) teacher. In my free time, I bake and eat brownies and brew and drink tea!
--
First attempt at Plein Air Challenge:
One thousand and one
One thousand and one
ten thousand and one
swaying, shaking, whispering calm and peace
One thousand tears
ten thousand tears
burning, flooding, tracing singed scars of grief
One thousand kisses
ten thousand kisses
healing, forgiving, changing the color of life
One thousand dreams
ten thousand dreams,
waking, stirring, revealing riveting secrets of nonsense
One thousand faces
ten thousand faces
changing, fading, etched with life's joy and despair
One thousand words
ten thousand words
jumbled, parting, painting a mystery of a soul
One thousand and one
ten thousand and one
steady, constant, promising tomorrow again
Graduate School (um..., or, The Tree)
A shallow bark crawls up my spine
order after order crowds my thoughts
the heat penetrates to a depth unknown
and I buckle under the strain of this pressure
I bend and bend and follow and obey
unknown orders passed down before time.
Yet I stand in my dignity against the wind,
tears unseen to all onlookers.

My newest goal in life is to become an effective poet! These are fantastic, Tasha!...moving, visceral, thought-provoking, etc. Sometimes I try to create blackout poems, but it's rare that I feel I can really convey the emotions and whatnot that I wish I could. If you're not familiar with blackout poems, check out Austin Kleon: http://www.austinkleon.com/category/newspaper-blackout-poems/. This one is kind of especially awesome: http://www.austinkleon.com/2012/05/13/poem-for-my-mother/
ReplyDeleteOh, those are cool! I'll give it a try for the next theme!
ReplyDelete